Please feel free to contact via phone or email. There is absolutely no obligation!
Health First Fitness Training
(by appointment only)
5027 Childs Road.
Fun little Q & A
Place of birth? Edmonton, Alberta... Go Oilers!
What was your first job? Landscaping as a teenager (AKA, labourer involving dirt and trees).
Favorite food? And I don't mean anything healthy... Hmmm..... I have a preference for salty and savory foods so chips and dip are deadly.
Favorite book? It's a toss-up between Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler or Cider House Rules by John Irving.
What is your favorite piece of exercise equipment? Cable Functional Trainer. I'm thrilled we have one in our studio due to its versatility.
Touch upon one thing you are proud of in your career. Implementing and actively running a phase IV cardiac rehabilitation program for over ten years in conjunction with two Vancouver hospitals.
What would you like to be known for professionally? Quite simply the ability to determine what's important and ensure those I work with understand not only what needs to be done but just as importantly why.
You unexpectedly have the entire day off to yourself, what do you do? Exercise, pick at some yard and housework (which undoubtedly includes a "required" trip to home depot), treat myself to lunch somewhere and then lie on the hammock (in my recently cleaned yard... quite possibly with a beer in hand but don't tell anyone).
What's next? I never know what might be around the corner however I'm always open to new ideas. I would like to examine a return to teaching in the exercise sciences on a part-time basis or possibly working in a clinical setting again.
- Master of Science in Exercise Science & Health Promotion
- Bachelor of Physical Education & Sport Studies
- Certified Exercise Physiologist · Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist · National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Certified Personal Trainer · National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Certified Personal Trainer · National Academy of Sports Medicine
- NASE Level II Certification · National Association of Speed & Explosion
- Older Adult Fitness Specialist · Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals
- Certified Coach Practitioner · Certified Coaches Federation
- Pilates Trained · Balanced Body®
- Indoor Cycling Instructor
- Red Cross CPR, Emergency First Aid & AED
Ryan Christison, MSc, CSEP-CEP, CSCS
With over 25 years as a fitness industry professional Ryan has obtained significant experience and expertise within the exercise sciences. Regardless of your unique goals you will find Ryan's approach professional, friendly and forthright, helping to ensure all your health and fitness needs are met with the latest evidence based exercise programming.
Copyright © Health First Fitness Training
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Personal Training, Pilates and a variety of exercise programming serving Courtenay and Comox.